Friday, July 28, 2006


a sunset near tahoe; for more fun pictures from our trip, you can go to www.spencerkellis.net. click on the picture category california trip 2006 .

sooo the dr.s appointment yesterday. if you're bored silly by this talk of dr.s and headaches, stop reading NOW. :)

this was my first appointment at the pain clinic; i saw three ppl.; a physical therapist, an anesthisiologist (wow hard to spell) and a pain dr. the 3 of them then talked about me for a while, and then came back to tell me what the 'treatment plan' is. i won't bore you with all the details; basically all of them asked lots of questions, poked me and watched me to make sure things were normal. they believe that my headaches are BOTH migraine and tension; that is, not simultaneously, but that i have both components. i have tension headaches and migraines, and they feed off each other somehow. this is the first time a dr. has said this, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. they identified 2 trigger points in my neck, which they believe are causing the tension headaches. the plan is to do physical therapy for my neck (i don't know what that entails exactly), and then do injections of anesthesia into the trigger points, to hopefully calm down the muscles, and (again hopefully) lessen the tension headaches. after that, they think the migraines will be easier to control.

so that's the plan! i feel pretty good about it, i'm up for anything, you know. :)







5 Comments:
Blogger MusicalMom had this to say:

Headaches are no fun! I hope they can get them under control for you. My sister-in-law struggles with them all the time.

Good luck!

3:01 PM 

Blogger Stephanie had this to say:

Physical therapy? Hope it all goes well.

3:05 PM 

Blogger MusicalMom had this to say:

Oh, have you tried Botox? I didn't see it on your list. Supposedly it paralyzes muscles that can cause migraines. If nothing else works, you might want to give it a go...

3:09 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Wonderful--you have a plan! I so hope it works for you.

As for the photograph, gorgeous!

6:50 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Kellis, you need to increase the neck massages. Its in the husband manual somewhere.

8:33 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner