Friday, September 28, 2007
the first ever FOOTWEAR FRIDAY


friends, those of you who know me in real life know that i LOVE shoes. love them. adore them. have an abnormal fixation with them. have upwards of 80 pairs of them.....so i've decided (with much encouragement from the Edge and the Muum) to start a series about my shoes and why i love them. i would love it if other people joined in, we could do a Mr. Linky and go see each other's fabulous shoes! that'd be sweet. let me know in the comments if you'd be interested in sharing a pair of your shoes per week, and telling us anything about them.

but in any case, here are mine:


i bought these shoes early this summer, from Ross -- Ross and TJ Maxx are one of my favorite places to find shoes. One thing you should know about me and shoes is, i have a lot of them, but i do not have a lot to spend on them. if i did, whoa boy, could i do some damage. ;)


this pair was for my graduation outfit, i knew i wanted a wedge heel, possibly an espadrille, or maybe something like a wedge sandal. for some reason i was having trouble finding a nice looking espadrille, all i could find in stores was canvas type upper, and i had something nicer in mind. of course, if i were willing to spend more than $100, i could've found anything, but the finances, they are limited when it comes to shoe buying. :) when i saw these at ross, i knew they were the ones. the heavens opened, the angels sang, you know. just a perfect shopping moment. luckily, they also fit.

(one more important note, my left foot is bigger than my right, so when you see my right foot only, it might look like the shoe is too big -- this is only to accomodate the bigger left foot.)

i am just in love with the leather straps, and the cork wedge. so cute. you can't really see the very bottome of the back, and the bottome of the shoe, which is rubberized with a little traction, almost like a space-age dress shoe. funky. i like it.

and i LOVE the straps and buckles. here is is on the outside side of the shoe.

these are Kenneth Cole reaction, size 6 1/2.

Labels: ,






7 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

and the sad thing is, how will we all be able to wait until next FRI?

? what is an espadrille, any way?

1:54 PM 

Blogger Sarah Jean had this to say:

I posted my new pink Keds! They came today!

3:04 PM 

Blogger deborah had this to say:

Emily,

Kudos to the perfectly painted toenails! That, for me is a MUST. I kringe, when I see nails undone, in the toe dept. that is. Weird, maybe. I can't for the life of me grow fingernails. They've always been thin and brittle. Even in pregnancy with Vits. But my toes, are always, ALWAYS done nice.

Yours look so darn PRETTY.

7:40 AM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

deb, i'm with you on the toenails. even if my hair and makeup aren't done, you can be sure my toes are!

thanks for the compliment. :)

3:26 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

6 1/2! What tiny feet you have! Cute shoes.

10:49 PM 

Blogger Migraine Chick had this to say:

I love those shoes and your toenails go perfectly with them!

4:58 AM 

Blogger Heather had this to say:

Cute shoes!

Having said that, despite my ability to admire cute shoes, I think your sister and I are shoe sisters. I'm just not into them and would gladly go barefoot all the time if I could get away with it.

I think I could stretch out my participation in footwear Friday for 2 or 3 months -- IF I included my soccer cleats, snow boots and roller blades. *grin*

11:12 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner