Monday, April 24, 2006
bleh

well, it's raining. that about says it all. the forecase says it'll rain all day today. so i'm not feeling good at all, is basically what that means.

i couldn't believe it when i got onto my blog this morning; i didn't write ALL weekend? even friday! that's crazy. you might be thinking it's because i had an awesome and busy weekend. you'd be wrong. i did a couple of things, though. friday night, my mom's ward (church congregation) was having a mother/daughter sleepover. my youngest sister was really excited about it, so i wanted to make it; it was a lot of fun. i didn't actually sleep over; i went back to my mom's house and slept there. i have too many problems getting to sleep and staying asleep as it is, without young girls waking me up all night. saturday was a really good headache day; i hung out with my husband all afternoon and we had a great time. we went out to dinner for his birthday at red robin (a favorite restaurant of both of us) -- :YESTERDAY: was his birthday. :) it was lots of fun. i wasn't feeling well yesterday, either, so he had to help me make the birthday dinner and dessert. lame. but we got it all done, and had some friends and family over for dessert. it was lots of fun, all around. from me, he got a book on low-light and night photography and the season 7 (?) of the simpsons. he seemed pleased with them.....

and now, before i leave you, i've got to show you something disturbing i saw this weekend. the red robin is in a mall, and we wandered around in there after dinner; he needed to get his hair cut. walking by a hallmark store, i saw this on the shelf:

imagine, if you will, the box C LOSED. i can't find a picture of it closed, so just think of it for me. it looked like a coffin. (maybe this is because we're just post-Easter) in any case, it seemed somewhat morbid and weird to me -- but when i read the tag, it said it was a 'mother daughter trinket box". weird. you can check it out here, about 2/3 of the way down the page. it's from a line called 'willow tree', which i normally like very much. this one, i found really odd. any opinions?






7 Comments:
Blogger Heather had this to say:

Sorry it's a rough day for you. Hope you feel better.

As for the box, I don't think it's weird at all. But, I'm kind of into boxes for some strange reason. I like to, um, put stuff in them.

1:20 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

Tell your husband that the chihuahuas wish him a happy "bark"day. :)

1:52 PM 

Blogger Kimmy had this to say:

I am in love with the Willow Tree trinket box. And didn't notice the coffin resemblance until you mentioned it. Now that's what I'll think of everytime I see it. Thanks! Well, I'll forgive you if you buy it for me. Then you won't have to pass by it in the mall, and it will make me happy. :)

10:43 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I like the box idea, but wouldn't a heart shaped box be nicer?

2:09 PM 

Blogger Stephanie had this to say:

That's funny that you think it looks like a coffin.

Not something I would buy, but I don't think it's that weird.

4:32 PM 

Blogger Melzie had this to say:

I love Willow Tree stuff-- collect it. And like Kimmy said- never thought of a coffin till you said it. LOL! :) I even have one similar to it- but it's momma & son.

5:17 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

9:24 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner