Thursday, March 15, 2007

Yesterday I locked myself out of the house. I went out to get the mail IN MY PAJAMAS, and when i came back i couldn't get back in; my door was locked. it turned out i had inadvertently turned the lock on the door knob when i left. the weather was great, so i really can't complain; but i'm going to anyway. i sat in the backyard for a while, and realized that there was an old man a couple houses down watering his flowers/bushes/whatever plants. for a LONG time. i was waiting for him to go around the corner so i could do some pilates. but i didn't really want to do it while he was watching. so i start, and then he comes back around, and starts hosing off his car. not washing it, mind you. just hosing it off. just when i thought he must be done, he gets out his big garbage can (the one you take the trash to the street in) and (you got it) starts hosing that down too. weird. i wanted to ask him if i realized we lived in a desert. seemed like a major waste of water.

besides, i was locked out of my house; what else did i have to do but make snap judgments about my neighbors? that's right nothing. i didn't bring my keys (obviously) or my cell phone w/me to get the mail. if i had my cell phone i would've called my husband and made him come home and let me in -- but i couldn't even go to a neighbor's house and ask to use the phone, b/c i don't know my husband's work number! so i sat. i figured my landlord (lives upstairs) would come home before my husband, and i was right. all in all, it was somewhere between 1 and 2 hours. of course, i didn't have my watch either, so i don't really know.

remember valentine's day? yes, a month ago. i just put the pictures on the computer. here's us at our dinner:
you can't see it very well, but i got a stain on my new white shirt that night; D'oh! it came out though. this place (where we ate) was one of those teppanyaki restaurants, and we had such a fun time that night.

in other news, today marks the first wearing of sandals and capris of the year!! hooray for unseasonably warm weather!!

Labels: , ,






5 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

Oh! about the guy w/ the hose- I know! I know! (pick me!) he's cleaning!!! When you are retired, sometimes you don't have much to do, at least that is what I am supposing..
Sounds like you survived your adventure in good spirits.

6:29 AM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

You crazy kids just look so cute!

3:48 PM 

Blogger Heather had this to say:

Cute, cute picture.

Oh, the getting locked out of the house thing. Glad you found good things to do to pass the time.

Also loving the warm weather. Hooray!

7:39 PM 

Blogger deborah had this to say:

yesterday, wore my "nanook of the north coat", and boots, and mittens. again. no fear, next weekend is looking up, maybe to 60. sandles, lucky you

8:40 AM 

Blogger Windlost had this to say:

lovely photo - you're so pretty!!
p.s. i thought i was the only one who spilled food on all my clothes. :)

10:57 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner