Wednesday, May 14, 2008
new hair...again. and of course, headache talk

The human body experiences a powerful gravitational pull in the direction of hope. That is why the patient's hopes are the physician's secret weapon. They are the hidden ingredients in any prescription. --Norman Cousins


well, i got an email back from my doctor, and i have a decision to make. i can either go the agree to the way my doctor wants to go (trying another MAOI, which includes another hospital stay) or ask to go in another direction. i also responded back hoping for more help with SLEEP, so my fingers are crossed that he'll write back again soon with some solutions or suggestions.


i got my hair done today -- went in asking specifically for please! no! red! my husband is a redhead. i can't have reddish hair without it looking extra fake next to his... unfortunately, even after 3 processings of brown, the (previously blue-black) portions of my hair are a coppery shade... thankfully, most of it is still blonde. there are just streaks of the coppery color.


no need for condolences -- i'm ok with it for a few months. mostly i just thought it was funny that i ended up with exactly what i asked them NOT to do. :) sometimes that's how it goes, right?


Labels: , , ,






8 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

So, which did you decide? MAOI , or something new? Any better sleep last night? Maybe you can get your husband to dye his hair - blonde?

5:45 AM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

i haven't decided.

still i'm getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep every night. :( which i guess is better than none!

8:18 AM 

Blogger kimberlie had this to say:

i like your hair like that...Looks good!

4:16 AM 

Blogger Sue had this to say:

I like your hair! It looks great.

If you don't mind my asking, why does the change in meds mean a hospital stay? I've not taken MAOIs, so I'm thinking it might have something to do with that, but I'm curious...

I hope the sleeping troubles ease up soon. Sleep-deprivation is so hard to deal with.

3:11 PM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

sue - the hospital stay is necessary according to my doc b/c there are so many possible drug interactions and side effects they need to watch for. they feel safer starting it in the hospital, where they can watch for them and monitor my reactions in person. :)

9:42 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Cute hair! And I'm glad you had a fun trip to Arizona. How hot was it there?

8:03 PM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

it got up to 100 most every day. whew. really hot.

8:53 PM 

Blogger Heather had this to say:

I agree with everyone else. I love your hair. It looks great.

Glad the trip to Arizona was a good one.

Good luck with this next decision and next round of treatment.

10:03 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner