Wednesday, February 22, 2006
What's for Dinner Wednesday?

***update**** my sister has posted a freezer cooking recipe/summary at her site!! go check it out!

Well, we're going to try this again. Although, hardly anyone actually wrote in the comments what THEY were having for dinner, but just commented on what I was having for dinner. Not the point, people! :)

Sooooooooo head on over to Krisco at Crib Ceiling, when i was posting this, her what's for dinner wednesday wasn't up yet, but it is her creation! besides, lots of good stuff to read there in any case.

on to business. :) i haven't decided what's for dinner tonight (*possibly meatloaf), so i'll just tell you what we had for dinner last night! we had a fabulous and easy soup. recipe is courtesy of my sister (noticing a theme here? do i cook anything original? no.)
it's tortilla soup. here's the ingredients:
1 can black beans, undrained
1 can corn
1 can chicken broth (or just some)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can green chiles
some bell peppers, chopped up
some salsa
some chicken
Heat and stir together.....serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.

Here's what i love about this recipe; it's still good even if you don't have all the ingredients. we had vegetarian soup last night b/c i didn't want to cook any chicken. :) we also didn't have any bell peppers, so we didn't have those either. my sister's kids don't eat anything spicy, so they don't use chiles or salsa. get the idea?

please leave me your meals in comments! tell me about what you had last night, or what you're having tonight! would love to hear your ideas.....






4 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

So, try my meatloaf!!!! it is yummy, I promise!

3:04 PM 

Blogger Krisco had this to say:

This sounds great! A good idea and simple.

Thanks for the reminder on WFDW!!! Doh!! I am such a dope!! Is it Wednesday already??!! yikes.

Well, it's up now. With my own personal comment!!

Thanks for the recipe here.

4:15 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Ok, it's almost midnight, but I actually cooked, my kids actually ate it, and that's reason enough for me to post here about it!

Yesterday I did chicken breasts in the crock pot with 1 can campbells nacho soup, 1 jar Mrs. Renfro's peach salsa (sounds off, but is THE BEST), and I threw in some rice and onions at the end. I took the leftovers and made burritos, and topped with a sour cream/cheese sauce. Easy, made from leftovers, and oh my gosh, the kids ate it, so it had to be a serious success! I'm off to look at other recipes now!

10:44 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
» »

12:17 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner