Tuesday, February 21, 2006
a few random thoughts.......
1. internet explorer sucks. i like how you can bring up your favorites in a huge long list on the left hand side of the screen, but i do NOT LIKE how it crashes while trying to bring up a website. IE, this is WHAT YOU DO! it's your job, your purpose for existing! and you can't do it? it's not like anything else is eating up the RAM or ROM or whatever. this is a one man show. but no more. i have left you forever, to use Firefox. (my husband is somewhere jumping up and down with glee) -- if anyone knows how to bring up a more convenient list of my favorites in firefox (besides a drop-down box), please tell me.
2. around salt lake city today, i noticed not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR pickup trucks pulled over on the side of the road. .what's up with that? in all the same distance, i only saw one car. weird.
3. did freezer cooking with my totally awesome sister
today(*my other sisters are ALSO totally awesome, don't misunderstand) -- we made and froze cheesy potatoes with ham, shepherd's pie, pork chops w/apples, crispy pork chops with apricot jam, and on top of all that wonderfullness, she gave me some gardenburgers! SO exciting is my life.
4. the freezer cooking entirely wore me out, so i'm laying in bed with the laptop writing this. hoping that my husband comes home soon!
5. some of you (who've read this blog for a while) will remember that we are trying to get through the winter without turning on our heater....due to psychotic electric bills. say that out loud 'psychotic electric'. huh. anyways, temperatures have dipped low (10 degrees) but we haven't turned on the heat! it's great. the apartment isn't that cold; except at night. that's why we have lots of blankets.
6. this is something funny i heard about
; people vote on what they want him to wear. they're calling him a real life ken doll, but don't worry, it has nothing to do with androgyny or plastic hair.
| posted by Emily at 5:21 PM
Edge had this to say:
K, Firefox rocks. No contest. It's like vanilla ice cream vs. baccio gelato. The way to get your favorites "on the side" is to go to VIEW, then SIDEBAR, and choose BOOKMARKS.
You can also put your Constant Clicks (My name, not Mozilla's) on a bar on the top. It prevents carpal tunnel in ADHD surfers who need to see if anything has changed on their fav sites lately.
And ya, I think I need to get a Drobe site. Cause really...sometimes I just wear my clothes inside out for lack of a better idea. ;)
- 5:46 PM
Emily had this to say:
Only a man would be so clueless about what to wear that he would resort that...LOL
- 8:42 AM
Emily had this to say:
sarah - you saved me! i knew someone would know how to fix my dilemma. :) thanks !
- 10:22 AM
Back To the Main Page