Sunday, April 30, 2006
...........and we're back.

hi folks. a special hello to the pink chihuanhua princess, who was kind enough to ask about me in my absence. :) i'm here! i'm alive! i'm.......lame!

in any case, my husband graduated from byu on friday; so his parents were in town (they live far away) and we had lots of fun visiting and eating with them and the rest of his fam. in any case, i've been totally bushed. i'm completely incapable of doing any normal amount of socializing or walking or....well, anything. these durn headaches.

so i'd say the most exciting part of his graduation (besides the 30 second adrenaline rush i got when they called his name and i took millions of pictures) is that the president and CEO of Dell was their graduation speaker. kevin something. in any case, it was good. also, i knew the guy who was playing the organ; he taught my organ class.

but seriously, let's get back to me. right? at byu, if you are graduating at the same time as a family member (brother, sister, husband, wife, mom, whatever), you guys can walk at the same time; even if you're in different colleges. so you'll be going along with civic engineering, when they'll say, 'and walking with george is his sister helga, receiving her degree in underwater basket weaving.' so of course this caused all my irritation of not having yet finished my degree to resurface. i am LITERALLY 5 classes and a recital away from my diploma. great time to start getting chronic migraines, yes? no. but these were just a few momentary twinges. all in all, it was a beautiful day. :) pictures will hopefully be coming soon!






7 Comments:
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

Yes, pictures please.

Congratulations to you and your hubby. I know that it is such a big accomplishment for you both! 5 classes is nothing girl, headaches--be gone. :) Just a little wish from the Pink Chihuahua Princess.

Thanks for your sweet message on here. You are such a fun internet friend. I can't even remember how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did. Congrats again!

7:47 PM 

Blogger Heather had this to say:

Woohoo! Congratulations to both of you!

Here's hoping that the headaches will leave you alone long enough for you to finish those five classes and get your degree. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to be SO close.

Glad it was a good weekend.

10:09 AM 

Blogger Muum had this to say:

Sorry, doll, I know it is hard to be waiting!!! you know I am on your side! XOXO!

11:02 AM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

No, I've passed and been sworn in. I just havne't taken my ticker down--which is now counting forward. I tried to change it in my template to say "became", but it wouldn't let me.

Its not silly--now that you mention it I bet its confusing!

12:35 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

hang in there - you're so close! and pics? oh yes, please!

12:45 PM 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

Congrats to your husband! Can't wait to see the photos! You'll get your degree soon...patience grasshopper. LOL

7:57 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That's a great story. Waiting for more. cartoon toy boats

12:54 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner