Thursday, November 16, 2006

i visited the gynecologist (that doesn't look right.) gyno? anyways, i visited her today, and we came up with a few options for my cramps from you-know-where. #1 is an IUD. #2 is the minipill. ... we ruled out the depo for sure.

have been reading up a lot online about the IUD, as i previously had only a basic knowledge of it. also read a lot of women's experiences with it. the main downfall right now for the IUD is the cost. it'll cost 400-500 dollars. now maybe to some of you that's not much $$, but to me? that's a lot. :) however, it's interesting to note that for the 5 yr. period of time the IUD would be effective, buying the minipill for the same period of time would cost between 1200 and 1800 dollars. so really, it's quite economical. ....it's just that it's all at once, and not 20 or 30 dollars a month. do you think they have an IUD payment plan?

no just kidding.

but seriously. my insurance (you all know it stinks) of course will not pay for the IUD or the doctors visit when they insert it. it's specifically listed as an exclusion.

so that's pretty much what i'm up to today. thinkin' about my options. :)


if any of you have any experience (good or bad) with the IUD, leave me a comment, or if you're feeling shy, email me. i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks folks!

Labels: ,






4 Comments:
Blogger deborah had this to say:

Why can't it be the MAN'S problem??? MENstruation. MENopause. MENtal breakdown. You get my point. All equally painful; as is the cost of the procedure - have no fear, Em, just plug into a little Dave today.... Listen to Crush, he's singing to you. :)

5:22 AM 

Blogger Sarah Jean had this to say:

Wait, so the IUD is to make the cramps better? I thought you'd found a good med for that? Frankly, I've only ever heard of IUDs making cramps worse. :(

7:53 AM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

hmmm...the IUD is supposed to make the cramps better EVENTUALLY. at first, there will be cramps. hopefully not worse than what i'm already having. but possibly. but eventually, it should take away/even out my periods, which the OBgyn thinks will take care of the problem.

10:23 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I am pretty sure medical companies will let you do payment plans on IUDs. I have one, I love it. I had cramping the first day... but I also don't get my period because I am nursing so I don't know.

9:10 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner