Monday, November 20, 2006
the pain clinic appt. today

i met with my doc this morning - the end result of the appointment is that i'm switching back to prozac (from cymbalta). i've been on the cymbalta for 2 or 3 months now, and any benefits i've found (slightly more energy) are overruled by the baffling cost. soooo back to prozac i go.

additionally, i'm starting physical therapy TOMORROW. this doc seems convinced that there is a significant muscular component to my headaches, and so - physical therapy it is.

he also said that he doesn't believe there is going to be a magic pill or treatment that just fixes this. he thinks we're going to have to whittle away at it. which doesn't sound too bad, except for the fact that in the past 2 years of a headache every day, we've only found one thing i can take everyday that helps at all. and so -- we keep looking and working, but it is depressing to hear him say that. i am always hoping for the end of this, of course, and sometimes get discouraged.

Labels: ,






2 Comments:
Blogger Kelly Wolfe had this to say:

Interesting that he thought the physical therapy aspect was key. That sounds very promising! I am so rooting for you.

Lisa

8:37 PM 

Blogger Grim Reality Girl had this to say:

Your doctor could be right on target with the physical therapy. Now that you brought this up I remembered that this was the deal with my younger brother's migraines. He doesn't have them anymore AT ALL!

I had mine whittle away over a year and a half. Don't lose hope. You will get through this and find the solution (or multiples solutions) because you are strong and you WON'T give up!!!! I'm praying for you too!!!

7:54 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner