Wednesday, April 23, 2008

ah, it's been a beautiful day today -- the first day in a long time i've had some serious, sustained pain relief. and it is AMAZING how happy it makes me. of course this is due to pain medication and not the preventative meds actually working.

it is just a beautiful fabulous thing to feel normal. i could really get used to this. ;)

i got a lot of work done today, and enjoyed spencer's birthday immensely.

here's a question for all you bloggers out there: do you keep a journal in addition to your blog? i do. what i write in my journal is either a) too personal to go on here, b) too negative or c) too repetitive (usually whining about headaches). do you all keep journals too? or do you feel like your blog acts as your journal?

Labels:






5 Comments:
Blogger Iccle One had this to say:

I'd say my blog is my journal. I have a diary, but it's only to try and remember where I should be when, and not to write thoughts and feelings in. I used to write diaries as a teenager/early twenties, but some times looking back on them can be cringe-worthy. I made a decision a few months ago to get rid of old diaries, many are from when I was dating someone else, and I decided it was not healthy or useful hanging onto them. I've been cautious of writing in diaries, since my Mum once read mine, and I got myself in trouble!

6:05 AM 

Blogger Muum had this to say:

yep, but so far this year I have 3 entries in it. :( ah well. I am so glad you had a great day!

7:22 AM 

Blogger Grim Reality Girl had this to say:

I journaled before I blogged. During the worst of my pain I journaled vs. blogged because I (like you!) felt concerned about repetition and negativity. My blog is now my journal.... it was healing to deal with grief through blogging. I can see doing both and I can see putting it all out there. It is easy for me to put it out there when I don't have my name on my blog and when my family is not included in my readership. Funny that my blogging is not shared with those closest to me... but what if I vent about THEM? It is helpful for me to vent my frustrations, fears and hopes. It would not be good for them to have to read it!

Sorry for the long answer -- essentially I say follow your heart and do what makes you happy.

12:14 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

I don't really journal. To be truthful, I'm just too lazy.

9:10 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I do have a journal, but I don't write very frequently.

9:10 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner