Friday, April 18, 2008
home again!

that's right, i'm back home. i was in chicago again, this time (thankfully) just overnight. no hospitalization for me this time. i went back for a follow-up appointment with my doctor at the diamond headache clinic. it went well, he adjusted my medications and added another med to (hopefully) help control the pain better. we shall see.

overall i felt like it went well. it was the first time i've traveled by myself with a migraine. i was nervous. i was nervous something would go wrong -- that i'd be flustered, that i'd look like an easy mark to mug, that i'd have trouble making the connections i needed to in the city. many of you know exactly what it's like to live in pain: it's hard to do what needs to be done when you're in pain. it's hard to think and it's hard to keep your wits about you.

obviously everything worked out just fine.

and, BONUS! i missed the earthquake this morning! sweet!

if you are in need of an extra dose of humility, i recommend flying as a passenger on a small airplane during high winds. i haven't prayed with such urgency for a long time. the wings were swaying back and forth - i was worried that one big gust was going to come along, and we'd just flip right over and bite the dust. thankfully, we landed without incident. also gratefully, the plane on the way back was bigger. :)

Labels: , , ,






7 Comments:
Blogger kimberlie had this to say:

i hate travelling alone too, although i guess when day i will have to do it. What earthquake?

10:08 PM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

i should've left a link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-earthquake-webapr19,0,6535454.story

10:42 PM 

Blogger Muum had this to say:

glad you are home safe and sound!

7:29 AM 

Blogger Iccle One had this to say:

I hope the adjusted meds are better for you. I so would not like to travel on my own with just my visual disturbance thing I get, and that's much less annoying (and painful) than I imagine your migraine was! Well done!

8:29 AM 

Blogger deborah had this to say:

whew! glad your feet are firmly planted back on the ground AND things are starting to look up for you. wow, traveling alone, that is a big step. good for you.

6:19 PM 

Blogger Sue had this to say:

I'm glad you're back safely!

I know what you mean about traveling alone. It was very brave of you. I'm glad the appointment went well!

Please send some bravery vibes my way. I have to fly to another part of our (very large) province in June for a headache consult. Not looking forward to it as I have to go it alone.

10:38 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Glad you made it there and back safely! And now you can feel proud of yourself for doing that, too. :-)

As for traveling in a small plane in high winds, I know exactly what you mean. We once had a terrible experience in a commuter plane at night during a thunderstorm. We kept passing over the runway, over and over again, before the pilot finally landed. People were throwing up, praying, and crying all over the place. If I hadn't been so terrified I would have enjoyed the experience because it was exactly like a movie.

6:16 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner