Sunday, April 06, 2008
Bread pudding

well i just had to tell you about this: do you all read the Pioneer Woman? because you should.

not only is she hilarious, she's an amazing photographer and cook. she does photoshop tutorials, which i just ooh and aah over. but the recipes -- the recipes i can use!

now if the apple brown betty had been up, i'd have probably made that. because i had all the ingredients for it. but i had *most* of the ingredients for bread pudding, and a real hankering to try bread pudding.

i had wheat bread instead of sourdough bread and no whiskey. hopefully the pioneer woman won't follow her links back someday and gasp in horror at the sacrilege of what i've done to her recipe. the thing is, it is GOOD. it is good even without whiskey and sourdough bread. :) i won't take a picture, because mine wouldn't look nearly as good as her pictures do -- so go take a look at hers. man it is good.

also, i'm working on very little sleep, please forgive all grammar and spelling nonsense in this post. pleaseandthankyou.

p.s. -- i also made these bacon wrapped jalapenos and they were everything i dreamed they would be.

Labels: , ,






3 Comments:
Blogger Migraine Chick had this to say:

I think your wheat bread and no whiskey version sounds even better. I'm a huge bread pudding fan!

5:10 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I haven't made anything from her site yet, but I drool over the recipes on a regular basis. In fact, I was thinking just this morning that I might want to try her cinnamon roll recipe during our next game night. They looked fantastic, despite being very unhealthful--or maybe because of it!

11:49 AM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

Hey there Suzie Homemaker! It hurries me to make beans and weenies as of late. Props to you for making your bread stuffs!

10:12 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner