Friday, February 10, 2006
we now return you to your regularly scheduled blogging programming:
this cool meme i got from HolyMama!
go check her out, she = hilarious
10 Years Ago:
* i was 14 - i was in HIGH SCHOOL, for goodness' sake
* i was dating another guy in my grade; that would've been freshman year
* i was heavily involved in all things musical; band, piano, orchestra, etc.
* we (my family) lived in columbus, ohio
* i was participating in my last year of track; the next year i would give it up b/c it conflicted heavily with my music obligations
5 years ago:
* i was in the middle of a 2 1/2 year relationship, which would end badly
* i was finishing my sophomore year of college at ohio university - majoring in music
* i was living in athens, ohio and my family had moved out to utah
* i was looking forward to moving out of the dorms! at OU you have to live in the dorms for the first 2 years
* i joined my sorority; a professional sorority for women in music
1 year ago:
* i had been married only 4 months to my fabulous husband!
* i had begun to have chronic migraines, and was struggling to find a solution (still am)
* was working the hardest i ever had in college, and getting the worst grades i ever had - see above.....migraines...
* was very thankful to have a husband and family to support me during these times
* husband set up internship for the state of pennsylvania.
* i went to walmart to walmart to get a few things we needed
* the rest of a day was a waste; no energy, and lots of pain
* i got to talk to my mom and one of my sisters on the phone
* got the fridge cleaned out with lots of help from my husband
* distracted myself from the pain by reading other people's thursday 13s
5 songs I know all the words to:
* Wide open spaces by the Dixie chicks
* angel by sarah mclachlan
* dreaming tree by DMB
* crush by DMB
* Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Simon and Garfunkel
5 things I’d do with a million dollars
* Tithe, and give lots away to my favorite charities.
* Buy my mother a cadillac, who wants one....they're so cushy and BIG!
* buy my husband and i a HOUSE!
* pay off our student loans, and finish paying for our education(s)
* buy my husband and i a new car; something practical for a family, like....a mitsubishi spyder convertible.... ;)
5 places I’d run away to:
* hawaii with my husband
* walt disney world with my entire family
5 things I’d never wear:
* poofy sleeves; my arms are beefy enough...they don't need any help
* toe rings; been there, done that
* miniskirts/short shorts
* taper leg jeans. no no no no no. NO.
* pantyhose (if i can get away with it) - they're like a torture device. hate them!
5 favorite toys:
* laptop (with internet :)
* our car
5 favorite books or TV shows
* Gone with the Wind
* E.E. Cummings collected poems
* The Book of Mormon
* The Bible
* C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity
(no TV shows; we don't have a TV!)
5 greatest joys
* the Gospel
* my husband
* my family; parents, in-laws, siblings
* my friends
5 people I tag for this
5 -- i'm not sure i even have 5 readers....if you see this and want to do it, consider yourself TAGGED!
| posted by Emily at 11:21 AM
HolyMama! had this to say:
Hey this was great!!! A fellow Simon and Garfunkel fan?!
- 7:10 PM
Queen Beth had this to say:
I'm tagging myself for this one. I like it!!! Come over and see me!!
- 9:35 PM
LeighAnn had this to say:
So funny. I would do the same places you would go. They sound perfect! Too bad I am afraid to fly or I would be SO THERE!
- 11:29 PM
Edge had this to say:
I am tagged.
- 10:51 AM
Emily had this to say:
Umm, yea, pantyhose seriously should be outlawed...I feel sorry for women that have to wear them on a regular basis, I swear every time I try to squeaze into them I end up with 4 runners before they are even up my thighs...LOL
- 12:51 PM
Buffy had this to say:
Did you just list 'inlaws' as one of your five greatest joys?
- 1:16 PM
had this to say:
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
home mortgage calculator accounting software greenville sc ohio b&b wooster elementary education in the next 10 years nude hiking sites free insurance quote vegas vacation packages out of seattle microsoft network certification 20 interactive design a house college station refinance dedicated servers for condition zero
- 1:42 AM
Back To the Main Page