Friday, June 30, 2006
the end of the week? already?

ha. as if. this week has kind of drug (dragged?) on and on for me! mostly just b/c the headaches have been bad -- a storm is coming in tomorrow, but it has been *trying* to come in all week. soooo you know that means my headaches have been acting up.

but i got an amazing award today from my bloggy friend denise! she gave me THIS today;
ah!! i'm so fabuous! what a pick-me-up. now i just have to get my husband to put it on my sidebar! hahahaha.

and now for the requisite headache moment; one thing i have been trying lately is pomegranate juice. i read about it on one of my migraine forums, and some ppl. had had some success with it. soooo of course, i'm willing to try anything, and went out and bought some. it does help! not for very long, (an hour or two), but i can tell the difference! during my worst headaches, it doesn't seem to help. but the rest of the time, i can feel and improvement. so i'm drinking a glass at every meal this week, to see if there's any cumulative effect. b/c let me tell you, pomegranate juice ain't cheap! lol. i'll keep you all updated about this 'development'. also, monday morning early early is my next neuro appointment. i am going to try and convince him to refer me to one of his colleagues.....probably this will be touchy, but it needs to happen!






5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Are there pomegranate supplement pills available anywhere? Maybe a health food store?

2:35 PM 

Blogger Kelly had this to say:

So tell me more about this juice.
Is it good?
Where did you get it.
I'm a sufferer too and the neuro's never helped me. I gave up and now I deal on my own.

3:49 PM 

Blogger Sarah Jean had this to say:

Drugstore.com has it! I bet Wild Oats does, too.

Hooray for small successes! And BTW, no picture of the HEADACHE STICK? Heeheee, unless you've been doing coffee enemas, that is the funniest thing you've tried so far.

4:24 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

Yeah for you and your award! I've wanted to be the fab female forever, so I'm truly happy that one of my friends got it! You deserve it. I come here everyday and you have a great blog.

As for the neuro switching. Its none of my business, but my theory with dr's is it really shouldn't be touchy to go to another one (although it often is). You are paying him/her and they provide you a service. Everyone is entitled to a second opinion.

Good luck!

6:56 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

You know, I saw that Starbucks now has POM Wonderful smoothies. Now, wouldn't that be a fun way to ease your headache!

8:07 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner