Friday, June 16, 2006
it's friday, it's friday

and i am resting. more on that later. spencer and i went out last night on a fancy date; my parents got me tickets for my birthday to see the 5 browns in concert. in case you don't know who they are, they're 5 brothers and sisters (total of 5, not 5 each) who all play the piano - really really well. they all 5 went to julliard and are, in short, amazing pianists. i have both their cd's (given to me as gifts), and enjoy them thoroughly. given my love for music and piano specifically, you can see why this was pretty much the most perfect gift ever. (my birthday's not till the 25th, p.s.) still plenty of time to get those gifts in the mail. no, j/k. the concert was amazing, and the only drawback was that (of course) i had a migraine, which by the third piece was raging towards unbearable levels. so i took a zomig, which kept it under control the rest of the concert, thankfully. i was worried i'd have to leave, which would have been totally LAME. the 5 browns are all (i think) in their 20s, so to be touring and recording is pretty amazing. they played a few 5 piano arrangements (rhapsody in blue, west side story, firebird, simple gifts/hope) and some trios and duos, and there were also solo pieces! it was such a fabulous time. my favorite 2 were the solo called gargoyles and the 5 piano arrangement of scenes from west side story. of course it made me ache for my days of playing the piano, but not in a sobbing, hopeless way (this has happened before), but in a good way, like hoping that's in my future still.

pictures will be forthcoming. not to worry.

today my husband's work friends are getting together for a BBQ; our assignment is drinks, and everyone brings their own meat (or vegetarian dishes in the case of their two hindu friends). so i had to go to the store today and pick up the soda, the juice, the meat, etc., etc., etc. and for some reason this took me forever. my body feels totally worn out. possibly a side effect still hanging over from last night's zomig. it just wears me out and makes me SO tired. in any case, so i've got about one more hour to lay down and rest until it's time to leave.

i think i'll take full advantage of that.






5 Comments:
Blogger Valarie had this to say:

lucky! I heard them on Radio West on Tuesday. They have such a great energy and dynamic.

3:15 PM 

Blogger Heather had this to say:

The concert sounds like it was WONDERFUL! Also a 5 Browns fan.

Hope you feel well for your bbq.

And I feel your aching for the piano. Keep the faith.

4:21 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

I love dates with the hubby. Especially fun fancy ones. I know you love piano, so I'm sure that this was spectacular for you! Happy Early Birthday!

7:21 PM 

Blogger Kelly Wolfe had this to say:

That sounds so nice. Happy birthday. I will have to check out the 5 Browns now so I can stay cool.

Lisa

1:00 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

11:38 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner