Wednesday, November 22, 2006
it's a bust

the physical therapy was a bust. i went in, and she poked me and prodded me and 'massaged' the trigger points (this sounds like it would feel good, don't be deceived). it was painful, but obviously i'm still pretty gung ho while she's working. then she's done, and asks how my headache is. 'worse', i tell her.

this was not the right answer, sadly.

she says most people feel better after this. hmm. so sad.

sooo she says there's nothing she can do for me in physical therapy.

and once again my doubts of there being a muscular basis for these headaches increase. i think the whole idea is bupkis. not only does it not make sense with most all of my symptoms, but on a deeper level, it just doesn't sit right with me. and now this? what's up guys?

also while she was reading my charts she noticed that my docs were referring to my headaches as 'trigeminal neuralgia'. WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!? you'd think they'd mention this if they thought it was a possibility, much less a diagnosis! i'm steamed.

but there's always some good news, right? she gave me some ideas for getting some cardio exercise. this makes me happy, i know a lot of people find relief for migraines through a regular exercise program. so for a couple of weeks, i'm going to try using a recumbent bicycle, and see how that goes. so far, it's just the same as walking (in that it makes my headache worse, and it stays worse for 2 or 3 hours).

Labels: , , ,






6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

so, not migraines, but something else, or is this Tri-watchama-thing a type of migraine? sorry they coulnd't help you, those knot heads.

11:17 AM 

Blogger Windlost had this to say:

sorry to hear that the physio isn't going to work. i have been totally unresponsive to massage/physio/chiro overall. sure, the odd day i feel better, but after years of therapies, there is no real relief in them for me.
muscular component to pain? i have been told that as well, since i have extreme neck/shoulder muscle pain with the headache. for me, i know muscle pain is a factor, in that if i sit funny in a meeting, or say, pull muscles in my back moving boxes, i can trigger the muscles to seize up, which causes a headache. there is some linkage, but i do not believe it is the "cause". for me, i believe neck/back muscle pain is synonymous with the head pain, that one doesn't fully "cause" the other. there is some obscene link but no one causes the other. it is confusing. you are looking for a cause to FIX and you can't find a cause. there isn't one. there are many and it's complicated and they haven't figured it out yet. i wish it were that easy, but i think it is good to keep trying as you can find some temporary relief maybe.

trigeminal neuragia is extreme nerve pain, in the face, as i understand. apparently it is horror. find out more about this and see if it is what you have. apparently it is so painful. god, i hope you don't have that.

my dad had a type of nerve pain (he has an MS-like disease) and a drug called Gabapentin (Neurontin, I think also) helped him enormously. They also prescribe it for tension-type H/A's but I haven't tried it. It is an epilepsy drug, but worked amazingly for my Dad's nerve pain (in his legs) which they called a type of neuralgia.

WHo knows? Hang in there girl!! You will overcome. I know it!

2:28 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

Oh girl! I just feel so bad for you. You are so young and beautiful, and you have your whole life in front of you. I truly hope that you can just wake up one day soon and all of this madness will be over.

10:23 PM 

Blogger Heather had this to say:

Oh, Emily, my friend. I am so sorry. It must be so frustrating to go from place to place with no answers and no relief.

Still hoping and praying and thinking happy thoughts for you that there will be an end to all of this.

Wish I had my magic wand and could just make it all better.

2:54 PM 

Blogger GreenJello had this to say:

I am so sorry to hear about your headaches... I'm just starting with migraines (at 36) and they're NOT fun.

I did run into this online, though, and thought they had a good idea at least-- www.foreverwell.com. I'd much rather do things the natural way than keep taking all these drugs...

9:17 PM 

Blogger GreenJello had this to say:

http://www.theroseclinic.com/migrainesurgery.html

Huh...another interesting idea.

If my headaches keep continuing like this, I may be paying him a visit.

9:31 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner