Monday, December 11, 2006

A Christmas Meme

i've seen this one going around, but most recently at Chilihead's place - so i'll say that i officially stole it from her.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? eggnog mixed half and half with milk

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? he actually sits them around the room next to our stockings. they aren't wrapped. glad i could clear this one up for you.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? i like either; when i was growing up, some years we'd have an all colors christmas tree (which my dad and brother liked best) and other years we'd have a more decorative tree - like just blue and silver, or just red and green, or whatever (that the girls and my mom liked best).

4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope. i thought about it this year.

5. When do you put your decorations up? sometime between thanksgiving and christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? excluding dessert? yeah right. there are these chocolate covered mint drops that we'd smoosh and put in a peanut butter sandwich. that's my favorite.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: the anticipation of being awake with my siblings, waiting for the appointed time to wake up my parents. we'd sing christmas carols, and whisper about what we'd do to wake up my parents.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? hmmm... i don't remember!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? nope, never have.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? uhm....quickly? it is a mini-tree, so it only takes a few minutes, even with lights.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? i love it as long as i don't have to drive in it. hate driving in it.

12. Can you ice skate? yes - i grew up in ohio, so everyone knew how to ice skate, even if they weren't very good.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? i can't remember what it was growing up. but last year i got what has to be one of the all time best, a kitchenaid mixer (just used it yesterday)

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? finding a present for everyone on my list that i think they will LOVE, contemplating the birth of my Savior.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? peppermint ice cream - in the form of a milkshake.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? reading the story of Jesus' birth on christmas eve

17. What tops your tree? a little gold angel - it took me a few years to find something b/c it's a little tree. most of the toppers are made for the big (normal-sized) trees.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? mmm - both. i don't really think much about receiving until christmas morning, but it's always great. i LOVE shopping, so doing the christmas shopping is one of my favorite things.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? o holy night.

20. Candy canes: better for decoration than for human consumption.

21. Favorite Christmas movie? white christmas

22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies, and milk.

wow, if you made it through that, you're amazing. let me know in comments if you do it too!

Labels: ,






2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I did it in seasonal colors!

8:47 AM 

Blogger Heather Smith had this to say:

Great list! I might do this one next week on my funny blog! And I totally agree, White Christmas is the best Christmas movie, all time!

9:39 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner