Thursday, March 29, 2007
Wiki your birthday

shamelessly stolen from Mary at Owlhaven.

i apologize in advance for the RANDOM nature of the BOLDING in this entry. i can't fix it. i tried.

1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day only): June 25. :) my favorite thing about my birthday is that it's exactly 6 months from Christmas. so Christmas is my 1/2 birthday.

2. List events that occurred on that day of interest to you:

1876 - Battle of the Little Bighorn and the death of Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer

1940 - France formally surrenders to nazi Germany

1950 - the beginning of the Korean war

1975 - Mozambique achieves independence.

1976 - Missouri governor Christopher S. Bond issues an executive order rescinding the Extermination Order, formally apologizing on behalf of the state of Missouri for the suffering it had caused the Latter Day Saints.

1991 - Croatia and Slovenia declare their independence from Yugoslavia.

3.List a Few Birthdays:

1903- George Orwell (pen name of Eric Arthur Blair), British writer, d. 1950

1945 - Carly Simon, American Singer

1963 - George Michael, British singer

4. List a death:

1767 - Georg Philipp Telemann, German composer (b. 1681)

5. List a holiday or observance (if any):

National Catfish Day (i can't make this up, people)

Mozambique Independence Day

If you're reading this and want an easy blog post, I tag YOU!






1 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

sounds like fun, I'm in!

7:02 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner