Thursday, May 10, 2007

hello friends!

we're visiting Austin, and i'm loving it. we had lunch at Rudy's - delicious barBQ. and then this evening, we went to the capitol. we were walking around, when 2 guys (about our age, mid-early 20s) come up to us and says 'hey man, would you take our picture?'

i kind of laugh and say, 'gee i wonder why they asked YOU' -- my husband is a hobbyist photographer, and was carrying one of those SLRs around his neck at the time.

he comes back and says, they asked you first. i say, what? he says, they called you ma'am.

and i said -- i've never been called a ma'am before. (true story)

spencer says 'you're in Texas.'

welcome to the south, baby!

Labels: , , ,






4 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

hope your trip is great! keep us posted !

9:23 PM 

Blogger Melzie had this to say:

There ya go! The good ol' fashioned, nice Texan boys. *sigh* Now that I know you are/were only minutes from my home, I'm jealous. LOL!! Seriously- so much I could tell you to go see... and friends to say hi to for me!!! Hope you have/had a BLAST!!!!!

7:19 AM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

Oh man! Rudy's is so good. They put a location in down the street from my old house. Its grrreeat!

10:26 PM 

Blogger Windlost had this to say:

I would love to visit Texas properly. i went to Houston for a conference once, but that doesn't count! Hope it is/was great and your head is/was good. So you got your first "M'am"....it is all downhill from there. ;)

2:54 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner