Tuesday, March 18, 2008
ugly shoe alert


we're done talking about chicago for now! i will be going back in a few weeks, although not to be admitted to the hospital, just for a follow up appointment.

meanwhile, i happened upon some of the ugliest shoes EVER. imagine if crocs were made during the 70s -- a disco croc, as it were. truly heinous.


these are brought to us courtesy of dr. scholls:
these gems are called dr. scholl's dance. ....i don't even know what to say. they make me want to cry. the good people at dr. scholl's have so much power to do good, why have they chosen to use their shoe-making prowess for evil? have you seen their exercise sandals? i think they're way cute:
simple, preppy, cute.

but then this monstrosity -- this PLATFORM CROC. where did this idea come from and how did it make it to market? most bewildering of all, people are buying it and LIKING it! don't believe me? feast your eyes on the comments here. "My only regret is that I did not buy two pair..."

that just about blows my mind.

and in a similar vein, we have the dr. scholls harmony
:
these have the potential to be slightly less hideous, since they don't have that irridescent strap, but somehow i hate them just as much.

please tell me you aren't buying these. please tell me these shoes are as ugly as i think they are. 39 dollars?! 49 dollars? that's even more tragic.

Labels: , ,






7 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

It is a great relief to know you are out there, keeping us all safe from heinous shoes!
thanks, Super Sassy-Shoe-Gal!

6:08 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Yes, I'm definitely going to have to agree with your shoe assessment. Of course, I've never been fond of Crocs in general. They remind me too much of jelly shoes, which were very popular in the eighties but hurt like crazy when you actually tired to wear them.

6:09 PM 

Blogger kimberlie had this to say:

yuck. so gross. bound to give me nightmares...

10:58 PM 

Blogger deborah had this to say:

I couldn't agree more. they look heavy, clunky - like something that would make me trip over my own feet. Now let's just say I don't need help in that area.

Good to see you back.

9:57 AM 

Blogger Heather had this to say:

yes, those most certainly are scaaaary.

2:20 PM 

Blogger Migraine Chick had this to say:

Those are some UGLY shoes!

6:06 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

wow, Groovy!

10:37 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner