Sunday, March 16, 2008
chicago post -- part 3

i think this is the last one.

here i am having a DHE infusion:
good times. and here's an even worse picture of the same thing.
i'm obviously expounding on some point of immense importance.


this is my room -- it was *tiny*
i did have one of those beds where you could make either end life up or whatever, that was kind of nice. unfortunately, it felt like a piece of hard styrofoam covered in plastic. not my favorite.
and there's my little window -- they had 3 different lights in the room, which was nice, one big overhead one (never on), a set of recessed lights (on during the times i was feeling best), and that reading lamp you can see in the photo above (on for the nurse to put in or change my IV). a very good plan for a headache wing.

and lastly, here is the best view from the hospital:
i was at Saint Joseph's hospital, and it overlooks lake michigan. very pretty. the hospital has its own floor just for headache patients, and while i was there we had classes and although i didn't learn a lot of new information, i did learn some new information. and i was reminded of a lot of things i knew. it's important to reprocess them and maybe bring them back to the forefront of my mind now and again.

i've still been up and down with headache pain since i got home; yesterday and today haven't been good, probably because of the storms coming through. i'm hoping that's the reason, and that it's not a real setback. hoping that once the storms move through i'll go back to having some good hours again.

Labels: , ,






5 Comments:
Blogger Grim Reality Girl had this to say:

I just caught up on your recent posts, and I say blame the storms for the little set back! It could be a two steps forward, one back thing. I have always reminded myself I'm in for the long term not the short term. It seems to make adjusting to new trials and routines easier. Suddenly you have a good day and don't even realize it. I'll keep praying for you!! Hang in there!

12:24 PM 

Blogger Migraine Chick had this to say:

I'm in Michigan and the storms are hitting me over the head, too.

4:47 AM 

Blogger Muum had this to say:

I am glad you got a pic of the lake. I enjoyed seeing that while I was there, too! I think these weather changes are the prob.

7:54 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Here's hoping the new meds will really help.

2:00 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You've had a hard road recently. Glad to see you back blogging. I truly hope your treatments help.

4:54 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner