Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Chicago post! part 1

and so i'm back! from outer space!

no, just kidding.

but i am back from chicago! and out of the hospital! i can't decide if the best part of being out of the hospital is

a) having no IV
b) the food
c) my bed/pillows/sheets/blankets
d) being w/my husband again
e) seeing my sister and her kids
or
f) being reunited with my good friend, mr. laptop.

really, it's just fabulous.

it's great to be back.

what was surprisingly UNgreat was the sheer volume of reading that awaited me.....

181 + 56 unread emails = 237

aaaand let's not forget blog entries. google reader just says i have 1000+ to catch up on. i think it's their way of saying 'don't even try, you've passed the point of no return'. so i'm still deciding what to do on that front. maybe read the most recent of everyone's entries? that seems like a cop-out. we shall see.

so there was really only one night i was out and about in chicago -- spencer and i went to a great place called renaldi's for some deep dish pizza. we were hoping to make it over to gino's east for their legendary pizza, but by the time we were in town, we were ravenous and not willing to schlep across town. another time.

yummm....lots of cheese is hiding under that sauce.


there you can kinda see it.

and here's spencer working on his:
we didn't totally finish the pizza.

and here's pictures of us, which were actually taken to show the arches behind us. they were very interesting.

i look like an idiot.

tomorrow -- tune in for the information you all actually *wanted*. am i fixed? (short answer: no)

are there improvements? (short answer: yes)

i will tell you much more and all about the hospital -- i'm off to catch up on email and blogs!

Labels: , , ,






8 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

It's great that you are home! Don't forget to tell about the classes, some of which started 'you don't have migraines 'cause you're crazy ,,, . .. BUT ....'

oh, just kidding !!!!!!loveyou , mom

9:39 PM 

Blogger Sarah Jean had this to say:

I want to hear about the jello.

8:59 AM 

Blogger deborah had this to say:

Don't forget the rest, that is, get your rest. Good to know you're home.

11:17 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I always kind of liked staying in the hospital.

IVs, not so much, but when I didn't have them... I kind of liked being waited on. Push a button...call the nurse... get a sprite with crunchy ice. That's my kind of place.

12:26 PM 

Blogger kimberlie had this to say:

glad your back!

p.s that pizza looks like a heart attack waiting to happen- so it must have been pretty good!

3:50 PM 

Blogger Erin had this to say:

I'm sure it's nice to be back with loved ones, it's always hard to be away.

5:15 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

So glad you're back! I've been wondering about you, and worried. I'm glad that there are some improvements, and can't wait to hear more tomorrow (or whenever you next post). As for catching up on blogs, I have trouble *not* reading every post, and I always want to comment, but I like your idea of reading the most recent post from everyone. I would probably skim the other posts, too, though--or at least the titles--just in case there's big news that you missed, or anything else that catches the eye. Have fun catching up!

7:36 PM 

Blogger Grim Reality Girl had this to say:

I am glad you are back! I too was worrying and wondering. I guess there are no easy answers, but I'm glad things are better. Ease back into things and don't take on too much. Take care of YOU!

10:24 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner