Monday, February 18, 2008
a few thoughts on pain

i just read an entry by a pain pal of mine, Barbara. it reminded me of one thing that pain has given me. i spend a lot of time thinking about and complaining about what pain has taken from me, blah blah blah.

but one would think that a person could learn a few things from being in pain for three years...it's true. maybe i've got more to learn.

but reading her entry helped me realize that pain has taught me at least one thing...it's taught me how to enjoy and appreciate the little things in life.

my niece's smile, a sunny day, a warm blanket, pain i can ignore. ah, bliss. before pain (BP) life hurried by and i worked hard to get things done. i'm trying to learn to value people not for what they can DO, but for what they ARE. it goes against my instincts.

Labels: ,






3 Comments:
Blogger Barbara Kivowitz had this to say:

I love your examples of what pain reminds us to notice. And your insight about being not just doing is so important. Thanks for mentioning my post.

7:21 AM 

Blogger Grim Reality Girl had this to say:

I agree -- great examples! Pain opens our eyes and makes us appreciate. It is wise for you to notice... this will help you from being a bitter person.

By the way, you don't complain very much at all.

8:48 AM 

Blogger Migraine Chick had this to say:

I agree that pain teaches us to appreciate the little things in life and to live in the now. I love your examples, too.

2:35 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner