Monday, May 22, 2006

hello and happy monday, blog-friends! i have to start off with an update on the pigeon eggs. a few days ago my husband and i went out there, and saw that one of the eggs had just hatched! (was just hatching) -- here it is -- the second egg still hasn't hatched. :( hopefully soon. the chick is significantly uglier after only a few days; his/her beak has grown in and is lumpy and black. i'll get another picture soon for you all.


also, yesterday was the may birthday celebration up at my parents' house -- we had a fabulous time. i felt REALLY horrible for the first hour and a half, but after that, reasonably well. gifts were given, food was eaten, and much talking took place good times were had by all. here's one of my nephews toys, getting some play time from the older boys. actually, i'm not sure if he ever took a hit....

and this is my nephew with his present from us; a bug collector (he seemed particularly fascinated by the magnifying glass). his uncles helped him catch a cricket, which he toted around for a few minutes, before he decided it was time for a new 'occupant'. he opened the door and shouted at the cricket 'you! get out!'. this wasn't working (surprisingly), but grandpa helped him remove the reticent tenant.



and last of all, the talking. this is what i did mostly - and eating, let's be honest - here's me and my younger sister, the one without a blog. :) i love her just the same!! hahaha.

there was homemade ice cream -- two flavors. whew. yum.






4 Comments:
Blogger Stephanie had this to say:

Pigeon Eggs? How cute!

11:15 AM 

Blogger Heather had this to say:

Sounds like so much fun. Your nephew is so adorable. What a cutie.

I tagged you for a meme today, BTW.

12:28 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

Homemade ice cream? Yummy! It sounds like you had a really fun time. I would really enjoy getting together with the whole family once a month. You should talk your sister into getting a blog.

5:06 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Sounds like such a great time! Loved the pictures, including the (allegedly ugly) nestling.

10:30 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner