Tuesday, May 16, 2006
hi friends

nothing much going on here with me; am trying the new medicine....and it seems to actually be making the headaches worse than usual. :/ obviously not the intended purpose. i've only been taking it for 3 days now, so i'll probably continue on for at least a full week. we shall see.

mother's day was wonderful, my family got together for a mother's day brunch, church and dinner at my sister's house. it was a lot of fun, and in the evening, my grandmother flew in. i'm happy she's here and we'll have some chances to spend time with her while she's here. i was in an unusually bad mood on mother's day - wish i could explain why, but it seemed to be fully without rhyme or reason.

the only pictures of me that day are in this series; emily being fed dirt (yes, that's right, dirt) by her charming nephew. i'm not really eating it, but it DID really get in between my teeth. mmmm, crunchy! i'll let my sister post the uber-cute pics of her kids (once they're posted on my husband's site). she hasn't seen them yet. ;)






8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Ew. Dirt? Are you mad, woman? LOL

So, you're taking anti-depressants for headaches? Hmmm....odd, but hopefully it will work! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

1:48 PM 

Blogger Stephanie had this to say:

MMMmmmmm.... love those mud pies...

4:41 PM 

Blogger Erin had this to say:

I wish you could get those headaches under control. Have you been to a doctor to see if they could figure it out? My husband has been asking me if I need to go see a doctor, and with some of my other problems I wouldn't even know which one to see or what to explain. Good luck with everything

6:16 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

Gosh! I get so upset when I read that you are still hurting. I was so disapointed to hear that this new medicine isn't working for you. I think of you and your pain often, and I truly hope that it goes away soon!

7:46 PM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

thanks guys, you are awesome. it means a lot to know that i have friends rooting for me.

anti-depressants for headaches? yes. it seems that most all meds used for preventing daily headaches were originally intended for another purpose; depression, high blood pressure, seizures, etc. the list goes on and on. weird, huh?

8:41 PM 

Blogger Heather had this to say:

Oh, yum!

So, sorry that you're still hurting. MAN! No fair!

That's such a cute picture.

Glad you had a good mother's day, but sorry about the bad mood. Don't you hate that?

12:12 PM 

Blogger Windlost had this to say:

Hey Emily,

sorry to hear the new med isn't working. hang in there girl. this might sound like a bizarre question, and you may have already answered it in previous posts, but is sleep a trigger for you (too much/too little?). i find it's my biggest trigger of all. i am currently struggling to get 9h a night. not easy for a night owl. but the elavil helps make me sleepy when i take it early in the evening (which i need to do to get up and go to work, groan), which encourages the go-to-bed early thing.

hang in there. you will find little and big things that will help but it is such a frustrating balance all the time. life seems to start revolving around these headaches.

p.s. loved the dirt photo. let me know if eating dirt helps headaches and i will try it. i ate a worm once, but i was only 5 at the time (pre-headache days).

7:44 PM 

Blogger Krisco had this to say:

You're a good aunt! : )

12:45 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner