Friday, June 29, 2007
at last, the HCJ pictures!

So this is where the concert was held - abravanel hall in downtown SLC. we don't have any pictures from dinner. :) this huge red sculpture is in the front entrance of the hall.
here's kind of a cute picture of spencer and i in front of the modern art - i ended up wearing my black trouser jeans and my pink wraparound sweater (just fyi) ;)

here we are talking to harry connick jr.,
(and that's my little brother in the background -- ladies? he's single and ready to mingle)
and now here we are in the posed shot --
and last of all, that's harry connick jr.'s hand, he's signing our cd's. :)



those are about all the relevant pictures i could find. hopefully it's not a big letdown - it was such an amazing night. the dinner (wow), the concert (awesome), and meeting harry connick jr., wow. it was just fabulous.


Labels: , , , ,






9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I know exactly who that amazing red blown glass masterpiece is by! Well, not in person... Dale Chihuly! He is fantastic. There are 2 on display in CT (my home state), and you can actually see them on his website:






Look at the first 2 Connecticut ones, soo pretty!

Sounds like you had a great time :-)

7:58 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

hmm... it decided not to put the link :-) here it is, the simple way:

http://www.chihuly.com/collections/public.html#US

Look at Connecticut, they are stunning. The Bushnell Theater is so close to my parents house.

8:02 PM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

wow, joanna, thanks for posting that information! i loved the 2 in connecticut i looked at, i'll have to poke around some more.

8:10 PM 

Blogger Muum had this to say:

love the pics! It was a wonderful night, thanks again for including us !

8:36 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

How incredibly cool you are!!!!

I know I should be more cultured than this, but the red sculpture makes me think of Muppets/Fraggle Rock. ;)

11:13 AM 

Blogger kimberlie had this to say:

Found my way over from leighane's page...

I love Harry! You are so lucky!

ps.- saw you mentioned headaches/migraines- i get them too! Do you have a cure that i dont know of? (please?)

:)

3:39 AM 

Blogger deborah had this to say:

Oh, Emily, you guys look so elegant! What a wonderful moment. Wasn't he a true gentleman? Yumm

5:49 AM 

Blogger Windlost had this to say:

sweet! you look lovely...and like you hang out with stars every day...!!

10:13 AM 

Blogger Krisco had this to say:

I like how sweetly you are looking at your husband - even though Harry is RIGHT THERE. Wow! That's nice.

(And what a cutie brother. I bet the girls love him!)

12:33 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner