Monday, June 25, 2007
today i turn 26.

my husband's been giving me presents the past couple of days, and there's one more for me to open tonight. :-) he's very sweet. he also cleaned up the apartment and washed all the dishes this morning (!) in preparation for having people over tonight. and because he knows i LOVE having everything picked up and put away.

we're planning to go to red robin with some friends and family, and then afterwards back to our house for cake and ice cream. yummm.

not to put a depressing cast on an actually happy day, do you ever look at the number and think to yourself how different you thought your life would be at that age? i guess i do. i figured i'd be married, but i also figured i'd be teaching piano and possibly have a child by now. it's so interesting how life works, isn't it?

spencer got me 2 cd's - a michael buble one (i'd been hearing good things about) and the city of angels soundtrack. i used to have the soundtrack, and it got stolen out of an ex-bf's car a long time ago. i LOVE this soundtrack.
it's

Labels: , , , ,






5 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

Happy Birthday, dear one! It was a lovely day when you were born!

4:09 PM 

Blogger Iccle One had this to say:

Happy Birthday! Don't worry 26 isn't that scary, I've already got there. I don't want kids yet, give it a few years before I give in!

4:24 PM 

Blogger Erin had this to say:

Well happy birthday! I guess it is b-day season, mine was Saturday and have a few friends that have some coming soon.

5:01 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

Happy, Happy Birthday, girl!

Yes, I do think I was expecting things to be different when I was 27. I expected to be married with two or three kids. Well, at least I can say I've been married. ;)

I hope your birthday celebration continues to be great.

9:47 PM 

Blogger Joanna had this to say:

Happy birthday :-) I just found your site from "Migraine Chick's" blog... I recently started blogging about my NDPH and connecting with other headache sufferers.

I can identify with your comment about thinking how different you thought your life would be at a certain age! I just turned 23 in May, and I "should have been" done with grad school/my Masters and ready to teach in May, had I kept to my plan. However, it's thanks to my "lovely" headache that I'm still delaying my grad school applications... We might not be on the plan we had set out for ourselves, but hopefully we will be able to make a new one that makes us equally as happy!

If you don't mind, I am going to put a link to your blog on my page.
Again, Happy B-day!
:-) Joanna

9:55 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner