Saturday, December 08, 2007
an update on me and a question for you

i'm ripping off a question from my friend Kimberlie: what one beauty product can you not live without? could be makeup, could be hair product......lotion, even.

i'm dying to know.

for me, it's a tie. i wear makeup nearly everyday, but almost always just eye makeup. so i can't live without my lash curler and mascara.

now on to other business.

let me tell you about my latest homeopathic .....diagnosis.

first, let me praise sugar and flour and milk, because i am OFF THE DIET!!! hooray for eating (almost) anything i want!! no reading labels, no passing up on delicious looking desserts. hooray for being able to eat candy for christmas!!

so that obviously didn't help, which is why it's over. i went to see a homeopathic chiropractor, recommended by my homeopathic doctor for his diagnostic capabilities. and i have to say...it was interesting. i'm still not sure i really *believe* that his methods work, or are ...real. HOWEVER, i am withholding judgment until the treatments have a chance to work. if they're going to help, it will be within the next 2 weeks.

if you're interested in the diagnostic methods he used, read this - obviously a skeptic, and then this, from the International College of Applied Kinesiology. i'm not going to go into it anymore than that.

but anywho, after spending an hour with me, we did a few chiropractic adjustments, and he developed 3 diagnoses that he says are contributing to my migraines.

1 - mercury poisoning. from my fillings. and i later thought of the fact that i did get 8 or 10 (i know) fillings the summer my migraines started getting more and more frequent.... i didn't tell him that though.
2 - virus in my brain stem. would not have been detected in the spinal tap.
3 - my body doesn't make enough neurotransmitters.

and so there are homeopathic pills and capsules and such for these things, which we went ahead with buying -- i don't plan to invest any more $$ in this area if this doesn't help.

i *am* still looking for a recommendation for an acupuncturist. i think that area has some possibilities.

that's my update, folks! don't forget, tell me about your favorite beauty product in comments!

Labels: , , , , ,






10 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

I appreciate the update, and hooray for junk-o food! I'll start making plans to feed you some wonderful un-nutritious garbage! ok, beauty product, Oil of Olay, w/ sunscreen. I've been using 'oil of old lady' since I was 30, then started using the sun-screen formula when it cam out. Sometimes I buy the store brand, but it is such a good moisturizer. I've even started mixing a bit of my foundation in with it because then I don't look as pale, and it evens out my face color. Love it, love it, love it!

10:01 PM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

mm, gotta love the oil of old lady. and if i ever wear foundation, i always mix it w/my oil of olay. it is just so THICK straight out of the bottle; looks horrible on me. maybe i just don't have the right shade? i don't know.

10:06 PM 

Blogger kimberlie had this to say:

hmmm,well you know mine is lip balm, BUT a close second is 'hair gunk'- wax, gloss,serum, spray, balm...I have them all, & just for the record none of them do what they say the will!

10:12 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oh, I gotta have hairspray to hold the locks in place, but what good is nice hair if your face looks like crap. So, I guess lipstick has to go along with that.

Good luck with the new doctor.

3:12 PM 

Blogger deborah had this to say:

no no no no NO Em! Use the Oil of Olay with the spf 15 right out of the shower. It's not goopy, it's wonderful, light and very ahhhh what's the word, ???? refreshing? It's great stuff anyway.

4:53 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

So unfair to choose one when I need more help than that! For moisturizing/skin benefit I use Neutragena 45 age-defying sunscreen. I use it for the great moisturizing effect as much as the sunscreen. I still get freckles!!!If I'm going to the gym, I put on sunscreen, mascara and the eyebrow pencil because of the eyelashes and eyebrows being totally blond. But you've probably guessed that I use the sunscreen and a makeup base, blush, mascara, eyebrow pencil, lip balm at the very least everyday. (eyeshadows are fun!)

5:58 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I'd have to say my Razor, but then I don't use much else on my face.

10:14 AM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

yeah, i didn't mean the oil of olay was too goopy, i meant that foundation is too thick for me straight out of the bottle, so i mix it in with some oil of olay. :)

4:55 PM 

Blogger Heather had this to say:

For me it's a tie between mousse (my naturally curly locks are COMPLETELY unmanageable without it) and my Bath and Body Works minty lipgloss.

As for kiniesiology, my MIL SWEARS by it. As for me, I'm still a skeptic. But, not so skeptical as to say it doesn't work.

Hoping for you that something will help. And so glad you're off the diet. Yay!

3:08 PM 

Blogger PrincessPolly had this to say:

Beauty product - if i could only wear one, i think its gonna have to be mascara, at least my face wouldn't feel quite so NAKED that way! P x

7:42 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner