Sunday, January 27, 2008
a recent conversation...

with T (my niece, age 5).

we're sitting together on a lazy boy recliner at my sister's house. i am babysitting, and crocheting. as i work, little T watches.

after a while, she says, 'that looks pretty easy to me'.

'well', i say, 'it's not too hard.'

then she pauses, and in a i-hate-to-be-the-one-to-have-to-tell-you-this tone, says, 'it's full of holes.'

like, i can see that you're working hard on this.....but it is obviously flawed. look at all those holes!

i tell her that's how crocheted and knitted items are: i make knots, and the holes are just the space between the knots.

she thinks i'm deluding myself.

Labels: ,






5 Comments:
Blogger kimberlie had this to say:

gotta love the logic of kids!

My niece refers to a wristwatch as a 'wristclock'. Well, i guess it does make sense...!

4:51 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That's so cute! It was nice of her to break it to you so gently.

7:17 PM 

Blogger HolyMama! had this to say:

what a cutie! you must have been making it look too easy!

9:02 PM 

Blogger Shama-Lama Mama had this to say:

HA! It's just the beginning, isn't it? I remember thinking grown-ups were mostly idiots. Now I am one.

I'm seeing it all from the other side, now!

9:14 PM 

Blogger Stephanie had this to say:

Oh, that's funny.

8:06 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner