Saturday, March 29, 2008

I ran into a great article -- would be especially interesting for those who love music. it's mostly a social experiment, and gave me a lot to think about. go here and check it out. tell me what you thought about it.

this made me think --

1) would i have stopped to listen? i think so. BH (before headaches)? probably not. i would probably have been in too much of a hurry to slow down. but these days, i've got plenty of spare time. listening to music may increase my pain, but i've found that there are things worth extra pain, and a little extra beauty is well worth it.

2) why are we so quick to judge a person's worth by their location and surroundings? why do we assume a street musician is not as worthwhile as another person -- or is it just the discomfort of not wanting to acknowledge those who are worse off and begging for money?

Labels: ,






2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Wow. Listening to that gave me the shivers because it was so beautiful. And that was just based on terrible acoustics and a hidden camera. And, yes, I really think I might have stopped to listen, had I been able t make the time. I don't live in a city with buskers, but whenever I have visited such places I have often stopped to listen, although those with me are sometimes impatient about it. I also like to watch the street performers.

6:07 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

how have you been feeling?

12:58 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner