Thursday, June 19, 2008
Hard Conversations and Tough Choices

Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create that fact. -- William James


i read a super entry over at In Sickness and In Health the other day -- this just helps remind me how much my blogroll needs a revamping. she should be on my blogroll, along with 5 or 6 new favorite pain blogs.

Barbara talks about not only the many social difficulties associated with chronic pain, but the difficulties it brings to a marriage relationship, as well. thus, the hard conversations. pain is hard, but for me, it's not nearly as hard as the feeling that i'm missing out on my own life. i hate cancelling at the last minute and sitting out while others are working or playing hard. these are the tough choices pain forces you to make for yourself.

Read it. :)

Labels: , , ,






4 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

I think you do a good job of making those hard choices, of taking care of yourself, and of communicating with us so we can understand (somewhat) about what is happening for you. I wish this was not so tough for you.

9:43 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

Its funny that you posted this because I'm always thinking about how kind and patient it seems that Spence is with you.

I'm glad that you have someone like that!

7:21 PM 

Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess had this to say:

oops...I meant Spencer. :)

7:40 PM 

Blogger Barbara Kivowitz had this to say:

Thanks for the mention. Pain does force us to confront our limitations and our strengths. And those strengths may not be the traditional ones, but they are the powerful ones.

10:37 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner