Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

welcome 2008. i just got home from a neurologist appointment. the funny thing is, i'm in Pennsylvania. Sooooo this was a one-time appointment. i was hoping for an outside perspective, and was happy with how it went.

he (the doctor) did a full neurological exam, and we went over the entire history of my headaches. then he said, 'you have a complicated problem, and there is no easy answer.'

i'm getting better at hearing that, and didn't start crying. impressive, right?

he said that if i were his daughter, he'd send me to a headache clinic. that i'd be able to have behavioral therapies there, including biofeedback and such, and they are equipped to handle this kind of thing.

so while i'm not one for making resolutions at the new year (i'd rather make changes as i see i need them, not all at once), my hope is for a turnaround with pain this year. even if things just start heading the other direction, that would be great.

it is hard to imagine spending so much money on this kind of thing - that has no guarantees of working. but i need to remind myself of HOW MUCH i want to be better. and if money will get that done, then so be it.

any new year's resolutions you'd like to share?

Labels: , , , ,






5 Comments:
Blogger Muum had this to say:

Just the usual New Year's resolutins, for me, but I appreciate hearing about the dr's appt. biofeedback, eh?

1:51 PM 

Blogger kimberlie had this to say:

i hope you start to see some results with the new doc!

Resoltutions? going easy on the credit card...! (stating now)
:)

12:39 AM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

here's a wikipedia link about biofeedback: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biofeedback

2:52 PM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

So sorry to hear that you didn't receive the results you wanted. Still, I know it's a lot of money, but it sounds like your headaches are seriously impeding your quality of life. How much is it worth to you to have a normal, pain-free, productive life?

5:22 PM 

Blogger Emily had this to say:

booklady, you're exactly right. PLUS, even if i just think about this $$ wise (impossible to do, but bear with me), i could make a lot more money in the future if i were free of even most of these headaches. it's just hard (still!) to imagine spending so much money on doctors when i am so young, and there is nothing anyone can find wrong with me -- it's just this persistent pain in my head... ;)

7:50 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I'm 25 - married, and recently graduated from Brigham Young University, studying music; I play piano. My husband is just starting his PhD program at the University of Utah in computer architecture.

previous


archives


Your Heart Out

Links to Blogs I love!

credits

Powered by: Blogger
image by: Stock.xchng
design by: girliebits.
mws banner