Monday, December 25, 2006
Merry Christmas friends.
i hope you and yours were safe and had a happy day together.
mine was just peachy, more details to come later.
| posted by Emily at 6:24 PM
Friday, December 22, 2006
Hold on --
did you hear? i've been elfed
also, the lyrica isn't doing anything so far except making me dizzy and tired. keep those fingers crossed. ;)
Labels: funny, meds
| posted by Emily at 8:19 PM
Monday, December 18, 2006
Another pain doc. appointment
it went well - i was feeling pretty low beforehand, so i'm glad. i needed it.
we talked about pain control, and also talked about trying lyrica
. decided we would start the lyrica at a low dose, stay there for a month, and see how it goes. if we need to go up, we'll go up next month. the 'hope' is, that the nerves are firing for no reason (obviously we don't really want that, but if that's the case, lyrica
will supposedly help). already, i am a mystery. *sigh*
i also asked about the possibility of a daily pain control med. she gave me tramadol
to use for the worst pain, to see how it works for me. i am no limited to only 3 per week, which is fabulous. what is NOT fabulous is that it doesn't seem to work at all for me. i had a monster of a headache going, so once i filled the script i took one. it's now an hour later, and i can't tell any difference. :( bummer. the idea was to see how it worked, and then if it helped, we could work out a daily 'schedule' of sorts to take it. i guess now we'll have to find another pain med.
i'm just hopin' that the lyrica can work some miracles. i could really use one.
Labels: headaches, meds, pain clinic
| posted by Emily at 8:30 PM
Sunday, December 17, 2006
Which reindeer are you?
Labels: christmas, quiz
| posted by Emily at 8:49 PM
Monday, December 11, 2006
A Christmas Meme
i've seen this one going around, but most recently at Chilihead's place - so i'll say that i officially stole it from her.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? eggnog mixed half and half with milk
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? he actually sits them around the room next to our stockings. they aren't wrapped. glad i could clear this one up for you.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? i like either; when i was growing up, some years we'd have an all colors christmas tree (which my dad and brother liked best) and other years we'd have a more decorative tree - like just blue and silver, or just red and green, or whatever (that the girls and my mom liked best).
4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope. i thought about it this year.
5. When do you put your decorations up? sometime between thanksgiving and christmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? excluding dessert? yeah right. there are these chocolate covered mint drops that we'd smoosh and put in a peanut butter sandwich. that's my favorite.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: the anticipation of being awake with my siblings, waiting for the appointed time to wake up my parents. we'd sing christmas carols, and whisper about what we'd do to wake up my parents.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? hmmm... i don't remember!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? nope, never have.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? uhm....quickly? it is a mini-tree, so it only takes a few minutes, even with lights.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? i love it as long as i don't have to drive in it. hate driving in it.
12. Can you ice skate? yes - i grew up in ohio, so everyone knew how to ice skate, even if they weren't very good.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? i can't remember what it was growing up. but last year i got what has to be one of the all time best, a kitchenaid mixer (just used it yesterday)
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? finding a present for everyone on my list that i think they will LOVE, contemplating the birth of my Savior.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? peppermint ice cream - in the form of a milkshake.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? reading the story of Jesus' birth on christmas eve
17. What tops your tree? a little gold angel - it took me a few years to find something b/c it's a little tree. most of the toppers are made for the big (normal-sized) trees.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? mmm - both. i don't really think much about receiving until christmas morning, but it's always great. i LOVE shopping, so doing the christmas shopping is one of my favorite things.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? o holy night.
20. Candy canes: better for decoration than for human consumption.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? white christmas
22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies, and milk.
Labels: christmas, meme
| posted by Emily at 5:27 PM
Friday, December 08, 2006
somehow, it's friday.
the week has both dragged and sped by. dragged b/c i've not been dealing with the pain as well this week, and sped b/c i really haven't done anything.
i'm looking forward to seeing my darling nieces and nephew tonight, we're babysitting them. also this weekend spencer and i are going to a christmas party. we were asked to bring a$5 present for a gift exchange, and i picked those up yesterday. although spencer has been eyeing one of them (While you were sleeping
DVD) jealously, so we may
need to get a new one. i told him he should just try and get it in the gift exchange. heartless, i know. i'm heartless.
and if you want to use your creativity, go here
and make your own picasso-style painting. artists please don't be upset with the over-simplification of picasso's style. it's just for fun. :) i found this link on Paris Daily Photo
, a great site to peruse when you have time. :)
Labels: complaining, Paris Daily Photo
| posted by Emily at 2:29 PM
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
i read a hilarious entry this morning at From Under the Laundry Pile
about purses. go read it, then come back.
ok. so i thought i'd show you all what my purse looks like today - it's worse than usual b/c i just got back from a trip, so all the receipts are stuffed in there.
and then, just for fun, here's what my purse looks like closed. i love this purse, my husband got it for me for our anniversary in october.
Labels: everyday, From Under the Laundry Pile, purse
| posted by Emily at 11:35 AM
Monday, December 04, 2006
back from a fun weekend. it was not as warm as i had hoped, but still warmer than it is here in salt lake city! our high has been in the 30s all the past week. that's no good!
i went to st. george for a girl's weekend with some friends. we ate out, shopped, talked, laughed, watched movies, and scrapbooked. i actually didn't scrapbook, i brought all my stuff, but by the time we came back to the condo after shopping, i was always needing to rest. so although i packed a boatload of scrapbooking stuff, i never even took it out once!
today, i'm recovering. which is ironic b/c it was meant to be a restful weekend. but i need a great deal more rest than most people these days! we ate some delicious food this past weekend, and i got some christmas shopping done. there is still a fair amount left to do!
Labels: st. george, weekend
| posted by Emily at 7:58 PM