Friday, August 31, 2007
i think i found out a new trigger today --
i made a greek salad for dinner. including (of course) plenty of feta.
immediately after dinner, my migraine got worse.
they say to watch out for aged cheeses -- i think this proved the point. the only other food trigger i've found was chocolate.
Labels: food triggers, headaches, migraines
| posted by Emily at 11:26 PM
a great story.
i've heard this before, but was so glad to read it again on Karen's blog (Simply A Musing Blog
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.
He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw.
With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up.
Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up!
Shake it off and take a step up!
Labels: encouragement, inspirational, life, story
| posted by Emily at 5:21 PM
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
my graduation present!
i received my graduation present in the mail today!
here it is:
and then, working my way in....
the box inside the box...
and the card that came with the box..
and the box....
the pouch w/the necklace in it -
and on -
basically, i'm totally in love with it. it is a present from my parents and my parents-in-law. i decided not to get any engravings, after much deliberation. wanted to go with simple elegance. :)
yay, thanks so much, parents!
Labels: gifts, necklace
| posted by Emily at 9:11 PM
wow!! 25,000 hits!
i feel so special. :)
thanks for visiting the sassy lime.
new (exciting) entry coming soon.
| posted by Emily at 9:10 PM
Friday, August 24, 2007
the blog has gotten a little dusty around the corners. it's been a busy week. i graduated from college last friday,
and spencer's family has been in town -- for my graduation, and also for his cousin's wedding yesterday. it has been busy busy. lots of fun.
tonight, we went to dinner with the grown-ups in the family. we got a general location and name of the restaurant over the phone. i asked spencer what it was called, as we drove up and down the block again. spencer said, niran shito. we're thinking it's a new japanese (or chinese or something) place we haven't heard of. finally we give up and call again. we're sitting in the parking lot, and his dad says, yes you should be right there. we're puzzled.
i look to the right, and see the sign for MI RANCHITO.
there it is.
| posted by Emily at 10:59 PM
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
The Grim Reality Girl
tagged me to write eight random facts about myself. Since I *recently* did a 7 things meme, i'm going to link to that, and give you one more. you know, to be fair.
First, the rules: 1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. 2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. 5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
8. i went to the water conservancy garden in south jordan today. it was SO fun. lots to learn, and many many beautiful plants. we had a date night w/ my parents and my sister and BIL.
8 people to tag? hmmm, i think i'll go w/two. Muum and Edge. :) you're tagged for both these memes.
and ALSO, Joanna from Her Life in a Nutshell tagged me as well! for a different meme i haven't done before.
1. Who is the last person who touched your butt? probably me, getting dressed
2. Last awkward moment? when spencer and i thought i had broken his computer.
3. Who do you find yourself crushing on currently? my husband. he's the best.
4. Have you ever fallen backwards down a set of stairs? more than once
5. Ever been to a friend's house and starved the whole time? no.
6. Ever found more than a dollar in a random place? yes, it was in a coat pocket. 5 or 10 bucks.
7. Name someone close to you who smokes cigarette? one of my grandmas.
9. When a friend walks out of your life, do you go after them or let them go? it depends on the situation - do they hate my guts? how much do i still like them?
10. Have you ever been corrected at your workplace? oh sure
11. Has anyone ever been more important to you than a family member? yeah, during those sad, angsty teenage years.
12. Do you still see any of your ex's? yes, the ones who live nearby
13. Last time you smiled & laughed? talking about heavy metal switch grass
14. What do you do when a telemarketer calls? tell them i'm not interested.
15. Would life be the same without alcohol? for me? pretty much, yeah.
16. Would you go a month without washing your hair to save a loved one? oh, sure.
17. Have you had "the best night of your life"? i've had several
18. Do you think your current pets will be alive ten years from now? i don't have any pets. :(
19. When was your last bubble bath? hmm... months ago, definitely. i can't remember for sure.
20. Do you know anyone by the name of Dennis? an uncle on spencer's side of the famimly
21. What was the last thing you ate? a piece of cheesy bread at dinner
22. Where is your pet right now? i thought i said i don't have any pets
23. Name five things you did yesterday 1.woke up really late 2. grocery shopping at smith's 3. bought random toiletry deals at rite aid 4. picked up dreamgirls from blockbuster 5.went to bed later than i'd like
25. How many kids do u want? 3 or 4
26. Current outfit: pjs!
27. What color are your eyes? blueish grayish
28. Did you do any chores today? ummm...nope. not a one.
29. What are you doing tomorrow? picking up a wedding present, possibly vising TJ maxx. .... we'll see where the day takes me.
30. Do you know someone who likes you? yes - a few ppl., if you can believe it!
31. Have you ever had a friend named Fred, Frank, or Felipe? yes, i know a frank.
32. Name three people you met in the past two months? parents of the groom at a recent wedding, gf of one of spencer's work colleagues.
33. What color is your hair?blondeish/light brownish
34. what were you doing 10 minutes ago? surfing blogs
35. Have you ever said "I Love You" and not meant it? no
36. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? well, a husband. he's my boyfriend.
37. What is the closest green object to you? my sheet. it's on me.
39. Do you still have feelings for anyone from your past? well, sure. friendshippy feelings, not lovey-dovey feelings.
41. Do you believe in ghosts? hm. this is a tough one. i'll say yes.
42. have you eaten popcorn in the last 48 hours? no
43. Do you have a lot of female friends? some
44. Do you have a friend with benefits? no
45. Who was the last person you drove with? my husband! to the water conservancy garden!
be sure to visit Joanna - she has a picture of keifer sutherland! craziness.
Labels: funny, keifer sutherland, meme, randomness
| posted by Emily at 1:13 PM